The panoramic x-ray gives a broad overview of the entire mouth. It is also used for evaluating patients:
- With past or present TMJ or jaw joint problems
- Who require full or partial removable dentures, dental implants, or braces
- Who are at risk or suspected of having oral cancer or other tumors of the jaw
- Have impacted teeth (especially wisdom teeth) or have had any recent trauma to the face or teeth (e.g. can help identify a fractured jaw)
- For those who cannot tolerate other types of films (severe gaggers)
If you have any questions, contact us today at (770) 395-1155.